20 Feb Why Should You Buy and Own Art?
Owning original art has numerous benefits. Providing a lifetime of enjoyment, art has the ability to improve our well-being and appreciation for life in general.
- Art allows people to express their individuality and to represent their beliefs, feelings, hopes, convictions and philosophies in socially (and visually) acceptable and redeeming ways.
- Art encourages people to ask questions, introspect, think about new ideas, experience fresh new perspectives and most importantly, it encourages us to take brief moments out of our busy lives to reflect on more than just the mundanities of our daily existences.
- Art stimulates conversation, dialogue and interchange even between total strangers who might never otherwise say a single word to each other.
- Art prompts children to ask questions and encourages them to fantasize, imagine, explore and expand their perceptions of reality.
- Art personalizes and humanizes the places where we live and work. Art revives lifeless interiors– homes as well as businesses– and transforms them into unique, beautiful and engaging environments.
- An original work of art reflects, enhances and sometimes even magnifies the personality of the individual who owns it.
- For business people; commercial spaces such as restaurants, hotels and meeting places often attract people because of their impressive art and interior decor.
Image: REDSEA Gallery artist, Joseph Rolella “UltraMarine”